Skip to main content

Profile

Who are YOU?

My major is industrial design with concentration in product design and development. I'm interested in travel that offers opportunities to experience something new, active sports that I can involve myself in, and music that motivates me towards innovation.

What INSPIRES you?

Products that provide a lasting and sustainable solution to an issue in the modern world. The ability to create something that will be passed on to future generations is what inspires me the most. 

There’s a way to do it better—find it.

                               - Thomas Edison

What are your INFLUENCES?

My influences are people in history who swayed from the status quo to invent what hadn't been thought of before. This refers to those whom create products which solved a problem through methods which are unique to predecessors. A few direct examples include Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, and James Dyson. 

What is your VISION in your lifetime?

After graduation, my hope is to work on a team of industrial designers for a company that is interested in innovation with an overall goal to minimize our population's carbon footprint. After absorbing everything I can from working on a cutting-edge team, my goal is to have my own startup where I can follow through with any undeveloped ideas I had during this time. 

Outside-the-box  
Bold
  Innovator 




Comments

  1. Like the aesthetic you have developed, coordinates well with those who have influenced you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you think outside of the box, I'm looking forward to see what you create for this 505 project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David, Welcome to DES 505 Summer Session!

    Like your Syd Mead inspiration & "outside-the-Box" motivations

    Be sure to update your Journal Blog on a Weekly basis. As of date you should be posting Assign#1: Commenting on Six (6) 505 Peer Journal Blogs: Assign#2: List the Three (3) Existing 505 Projects you reviewed; Assign#3: List the Three (3) Proposed 505 Project Topics you created Problem/Purpose Statements; Design Thinking Class Activity: List Your Partner's Final Problem Statement & Proposed Solution > Scan Your Solution Concept Page

    Cheers,

    Prof. Gomes

    ReplyDelete
  4. "There’s a way to do it better—find it."

    Great quote. I think we often feel that we have to invent something the world has never seen, but so many products have been designed poorly that there's tons of opportunity for "creating a better mouse trap" all around us.

    -Zack

    ReplyDelete
  5. David, Unfortunately, you have not updated your Journal Blog since the "FIRST" Week of class. It is in your best interest & resource to keep your Blog updated with your Project Development submissions, contacts, research outreach, findings & insights. - Prof. Gomes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog